About Westminster's Summer Program
Since its inception as the Royal Polytechnic Institute in 1838, Westminster has always been an international institution, receiving students from all over the world. A primary attraction has been its historical role as a leader in innovation, having been the first British institution to relay a transatlantic telegraph, demonstrate a moving picture and teach photography. Of equal attraction is its location in the midst of central London. The main campus is on Regent Street, from where one will be able to browse the elegant shops on Bond Street, be tempted by the world cuisine in Soho, take in a theatre performance in Leicester Square or view the masterpieces in the National Gallery at Trafalgar Square.
Visit their website at: http://www.westminster.ac.uk/
You can also visit the study abroad website at: http://www.westminster.ac.uk/international/study-abroad
The Summer School Program offers you the opportunity to:
- Live and study in London,
- Receive instruction and hands-on experience with a small, personalized group of students,
- Improve your writing and research skills,
- Help prepare you for a semester/year abroad.
Your experience on the Summer School Program will:
- Integrate you into British society and the British educational system,
- Make you a better student,
- Expand your outlook on the world,
- Build your self-esteem and self-confidence,
- Greatly enhance you career prospects.
On the Summer School Program you will:
- Receive a comprehensive on-site orientation to the Summer School Program,
- Benefit from a program of field trips and social events, organized by the University of Westminster's Summer School Program,
- Enjoy the security of a complete package of academic and non-academic support services provided by the Office of International Education at SUNY Brockport.
For a preview of the excitement of today's London, visit one of these sites on the web:
For more information about the University of Westminster Summer School click on the following link: University of Westminster Summer School 2014.pdf
Housing & Orientation
Halls of Residence are in self-catering blocks of single rooms – you will not need to share a room. The halls all have a secure swipe-card entry system and a 24-hour security presence and wireless Internet is available. Halls are ideally located for easy access to the central London teaching facilities and to the art Media, Arts and Design studios.
There are two University Halls of residence offered during the summer program. The first are the Alexander Fleming Halls, located in a lively and fashionable area with a vibrant night life and close to the Barbican, Brick Lane, and the City of London. The second is Marylebone, located is an ideal location for exploring the West End's shops, cafes and restaurants, as well as enjoying the many theaters and nightlife of this great cosmopolitan city.
Fees for Brockport's Summer 2018 England: University of Westminster Programs
Undergraduate Summer Program Costs:
$4,716.55 (Estimated 4 Credit - Alexander Fleming Hall)
$5,016.55 (Estimated 4 Credit - Marylebone Hall)
$8,633.10 (Estimated 8 Credit - Alexander Fleming Hall)
$9,133.10 (Estimated 8 Credit - Marylebone Hall)
- Tuition (4 undergrad. credits or 8 undergrad. credits)
- SUNY International Health Insurance*
- Campus-specific fees (college fee and technology fee)**
- Program Acceptance Fee
- Pre-departure Orientation Materials
- Social Program
- Housing (either Alexander Fleming or Marylebone Residence Halls), and
- Brockport's Study Abroad Office Services.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
The actual amount that you will spend depends heavily on your style of living, and will vary with each individual's personal spending habits, entertainment preferences and travel choices.
Financial aid applies towards fees.
- Meals (participants have the option of preparing their own meals in their self-catered accommodations, eating in one of the university's dining halls or eating in one of the many restaurants in this part of London). Participants should, depending on their tastes, preferences and eating habits, budget approximately $500-$900 for food.
- Round-trip Airfare to/from London
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, postage, shopping, entertainment, and FUN).
- Local travel while in London (except for excursions that are included in the cost)
*The SUNY International Health Insurance is mandatory and will be included on the student's Brockport invoice.
**Varies depending on the SUNY campus at which the participant pays tuition.
Two sessions are offered, lasting three weeks each, four credits per session offering you the opportunity to stay in London for three or six weeks. Academic pathways include areas such as Liberal Arts and Sciences, International Business and Media, Arts and Design.
Participants may enroll for one or both summer session programs. Each program is three (3) weeks and worth four (4) credits each. Please note, that students are asked to list a first and second choice in the case that their first choice class is unavailable.
Session one: Saturday, June 16 - Saturday, July 7
Session two: Saturday, July 7, - Saturday July 28
You can choose from a wide range of classes designed for visiting international students to make the most of the University of Westminster's dynamism while using London as your classroom.
You can choose to study one module per session at undergraduate level in:
- English Language
- Liberal Arts and Law
- Media, Arts and Design
- International Business
For a full list of courses available please view: Class Catalogue (including class syllabi).pdf
NOTE: Students cannot take these summer courses at the University of Westminster for non-credit through Brockport, even though the University of Westminster makes such an option available. The Brockport program is for credit only.
View a list of the possible academic subjects offered by the University of Westminster Summer Program as well as all of Brockport's university programs in England, here: Academic Subjects- Programs in England.pdf
During the summer school, you will have the opportunity to take part in the Summer School Social Program. These events provide the perfect opportunity to meet other summer school students while getting to know your way around London. For more information you can access the Social Program here: https://www.westminster.ac.uk/international/study-abroad/london-international-summer-school/social-programme
Westminster Video Links
(Welcome to Westminster)
(Study Abroad Student Video)
(Studying at Westminster)
NOTE: There are two sessions for this program, students can attend both sessions or just one of the sessions.
June 16, 2018 - July 7, 2018
July 7, 2018 - July 28, 2018
Important note: Please do not book your travel arrangements until you have received the official Travel Memo from your program advisor.